Maxwell Amenity Ltd. are looking to recruit a high-calibre, collaborative, motivated and innovative individual to work as a Technical Assistant within our progressive Technical Department, based at our north Telford office.
Working under the supervision of the Senior Technical Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the support of the marketing department and sales teams through the provision of agronomic and plant-science based technical information and training, specifically relating to the professional sports turf and amenity, landscaping and commercial horticultural industries.
In addition, the successful individual will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the company’s agronomic strategy, including research and product development activities. Furthermore, close links with the organisation’s marketing and editorial divisions affords opportunity for key involvement in the conceptualisation and production of hard copy marketing documentation, contribution towards industry publications, fronting of digital media output and presentations to end users.
The role is primarily office based, with a requirement to travel, work flexibly and spend time away from home on occasions.
The ideal candidate will:
- be a highly motivated, team focussed and curious individual with the ability to enthusiastically embrace problem solving and self-directed learning across a range of industry relevant subjects.
- be willing to embrace fresh challenges by employing analytical and problem-solving skills in a quick paced, dynamic environment.
- demonstrate strong written and verbal communication as well as excellent interpersonal skills; engaging confidently and professionally with people in a range of environments.
- demonstrate a solid background and understanding of sound agronomic principles such as; plant nutrition, soil management and integrated pest management with relation to sports turf maintenance and/or wider horticultural industries such as the amenity, landscaping and commercial production sectors.
- hold industry relevant vocational or academic qualifications or experience of working within the sports turf, amenity, landscaping or commercial production horticultural sectors at a responsible level.
- industry qualifications such as BASIS/FACTS would be an advantage, although the company is prepared to invest in skill development, qualifications, training and mentoring for a successful candidate.
- a good level of computer literacy, particularly with Microsoft Office is advantageous.
If you are the person we are looking for we offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Competitive salary, plus bonus, and pension scheme.
- 28 days annual leave, including bank holidays.
- Free staff parking.
- Active staff social activities committee.
- Development opportunities that come with being part of a growing business.
Maxwell Amenity is a leading provider of professional turf care and landscape solutions to markets that include sports clubs, national stadiums, lawn care and local authorities. We are a fast growing and dynamic, medium sized, £10 million turnover company, with highly respected industry-leading brands such as Pitchcare, Amenity Land Solutions, Spray CDA and Grounds Training.
With our head office based near Telford and employing around 80 staff, we were awarded ‘Apprentice Employer’ and shortlisted to the final 4 companies for ‘Customer Service Excellence’ at the Shropshire Business Awards in 2015.
Our team is passionate about optimising plant and turf performance. We are a customer-orientated organisation and take great pride in the integrity and precision of our world-class product portfolios, and our commitment to research and development has resulted in the development of unique technologies and market leading products and brands.
How to Apply
For an informal discussion to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please call 01952 897411.
To apply for the role please send a CV and covering letter, complete with salary expectations to:
Maxwell Amenity Ltd. HR Department
or email HR@maxwellamenity.co.uk
Closing date for applications is Monday 30th April 2018
Direct applications only from applicants who are eligible to live and work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you.