Business Administration Apprenticeship within our Purchasing Department
Maxwell Amenity is a leading provider of professional turf care and landscape solutions to markets that include sports clubs, national stadiums, lawn care and local authorities. We are a fast growing and dynamic, medium sized, £10 million turnover company, with highly respected industry-leading brands such as Pitchcare, ALS, Spray CDA and Grounds Training. With our HQ based in Telford and employing around 75 staff, we were awarded ‘Apprentice Employer’ and shortlisted to the final 4 companies for ‘Customer Service Excellence’ at the Shropshire Business Awards in 2015.
We are looking to recruit a Business Administration Apprentice to assist the Purchasing Department in maintaining efficient stock management. Key duties will include:
- Create and maintain accurate stock files for all stocked products, using the internal management system (Encore).
- Help deal with any purchase order queries relating to stock purchases and where these cannot be reconciled in the first instance seek the guidance of the Purchasing Manager.
- Assist in providing information regarding the ETA’s (estimated time of arrival) of goods inwards and liaise with the Logistics team to make arrangements for the receipt or collection of goods.
- Maintain accurate and up to date “Out of Stock” notifications on Company websites or other publicly viewable information.
- Assist in setting up new suppliers on the Company’s purchase order system and maintaining an up to date supplier database.
- Bring required stock in to store or ensure Sales Administration raise a direct order queries where customers are waiting and orders cannot otherwise be fulfilled.
- Record any shortfall and/or damages and manage the return of suppliers faulty, mis-delivered or over delivered items.
- Work as part of the purchasing team and assist in annual and periodic stock takes as required.
- Undertake other business administration tasks in Purchasing and other internal departments to gain greater understanding of the Maxwell Business and enhance personal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good mathematical and problem solving skills
- Computer literate with knowledge of Word and Excel
- Punctual and reliable
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Keen to learn and able to show initiative
- GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Experience of working in a business/office environment or warehousing/logistics office would be a distinct advantage
Hours of work are 37.5 hours per week starting 9am and finishing at 4.30pm with 1 hour for lunch, although some flexibility, especially during peak season, may be required.
Interested? To find out more about these roles please call 01952 897411 for an informal discussion. To apply for this role, as our Apprentice recruitment is co-ordinated through Nova training, please contact Amanda Carpenter via firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 01902 716100.
Direct applications only from applicants who are eligible to live and work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you.